An attempt to ride 14,950 Kilometres in around 50 days, solo and unsupported, and break the record for riding around Australia (third AND FINAL attempt).

Round Australia by bike - Day 021 - Timber Creek

 

Day:021
Date:

Sunday, 16 August 2009

Start:Timber Creek
Finish:Timber Creek
Daily Kilometres:0
Total Kilometres: 
Podcasts: 
Journal:

My flying visit to Darwin all went to plan, more or less, and I am very grateful to Simon of Bike to Fit for opening his shop late on a Saturday night and being patient while wheels, tyres, saddles, bottle cages, etc., were swapped.  He even gave me a lift back to my hostel in the city.  I arrived back in Timber Creek by bus at 3:30pm and then spent two hours refitting the new bike and packing.  Apart from a few minor issues, it seems OK, although I haven’t ridden it at all yet.  My plan is to get an early start tomorrow  and head for Doon Doon Roadhouse, tomorrow, 330km away.  It’s forecast to be 35+C tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment